Agronomy in the Field For Women
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach’s Agronomy in the Field for Women will be held this spring across Iowa. The program is in its third year bringing together women landowners, farmers and ag retailers to learn about Iowa crop production. The goals of this series are to strengthen agronomic skills for women that allow for better decision-making, provide a better understanding of inputs for crop production, see and understand different conservation practices and increase confidence in communication with their spouse, farming partner, ag retailer or tenant.
- Central Iowa: Meetings in central Iowa, hosted by Rieck-Hinz, will meet approximately biweekly at the Field Extension Education Laboratory (FEEL) near Boone, Iowa this spring and summer. Please contact Angie Rieck-Hinz at 515-231-2830 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- West Central Iowa: Meetings in west central Iowa, hosted by Mike Witt, will meet approximately biweekly in Guthrie County this spring and summer. Please contact Mike Witt at 641-430-2600 or email@example.com.
- East Central Iowa: Meetings in east central Iowa, hosted by Meaghan Anderson, will meet approximately biweekly on farms in Iowa and Benton Counties in conjunction with the Price Creek Watershed Project. Please contact Meaghan Anderson at 319-337-2145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Southeast Iowa: Meetings in southeast Iowa, hosted by Meaghan Anderson and Rebecca Vittetoe, will meet monthly at the Southeast Research and Demonstration Farm near Crawfordsville, Iowa. Please contact either Meaghan Anderson at 319-337-2145 or email@example.com, or Rebecca Vittetoe at 319-653-4811 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- South Central Iowa: Meetings in south central Iowa, hosted by Rebecca Vittetoe, will meet monthly at the McNay Memorial Research and Demonstration Farm near Chariton, Iowa. Please contact Rebecca Vittetoe at 319-653-4811 or email@example.com
Private Pesticide Applicator Training Meetings in North Central Iowa
Keep Palmar Amaranth Off Your Farm Workshop Series
Palmer amaranth, a new weed to Iowa and a serious threat to production agriculture, has now been discovered in at least 48 Iowa counties. Farmers, farmer advisers and others interested in learning to identify and manage this new threat will want to attend a “Keep Palmer amaranth off your farm” workshop being held across eastern Iowa. Read the full news release now!
- March 6, 1:30 p.m., with refreshments – ISU Extension and Outreach Jefferson County, 2606 West Burlington Ave., Fairfield. Pre-register by calling 641-472-4166.
- March 6, 7 p.m., with refreshments – ISU Extension and Outreach Appanoose County, 501 N. 12th St – Suite 4, Centerville. Pre-register by calling 614-856-3885.
- March 7, 11 a.m., with a light meal – ISU Extension and Outreach Monroe County, 219 B Ave West, Albia. Pre-register before March 2 by calling 641-932-5612.
- March 20, 6 p.m., with a light meal; Traer Public Library, 531 2nd St., Traer. Pre-register by calling 641-484-2703.
- March 21, 6:00 p.m., with a light meal; ISU Extension and Outreach Iowa County, 223 West Welsh St., Williamsburg. Pre-register by calling 319-668-1052.
- March 21, 1:30 p.m., with refreshments – ISU Extension and Outreach Mahaska County, 212 N I St., Oskaloosa. Pre-register by calling 641-673-5841.
- March 23, 6:30 p.m., Roberts Memorial Building, 20497 Hwy 1, Keosauqua. Pre-register by calling 319-293-3039.
- March 24, 10:00a.m., ISU Extension and Outreach Humboldt County, 727 Summer Ave, Humboldt. Pre-register by calling 515-332-2201.
- March 28, 1:30 p.m., Pin Oak Marsh Lodge, 45996 Hwy 14, Chariton. Pre-register by calling 641-774-2016.
- March 30, 6:30 p.m., with refreshments; ISu Extension and Outreach Johnson County, 3109 Old Highway 218 S., Iowa City. Pre-register by calling 319-337-2145.