Before working in or around your combine, it’s important to go through proper shutdown and lockout/tagout procedures to ensure safety for yourself and those around you. Refer to this list for a reference on how to safely shutdown your machine, and use these practices every time you perform maintenance on the combine.
- Shut off the combine and remove the key.
- Place the key in your pocket.
- Lock out the battery switch.
- Apply the lockout cylinder stop.
- Ensure the head locking pins are secure.
- Remove the power take-off (PTO) shaft and secure it to the head.
Now you can safely start maintenance on your machine. Complete this procedure whenever you perform regular service checks, make repairs to your machine, remove a plug from the combine head or any other maintenance that requires you to work near the moving parts of the combine.