Join us this December 4-5 at Prairie Meadows in Altoona for the 34th Integrated Crop Management Conference, hosted by Iowa State University Extension and Outreach and the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. The conference provides crop production professionals new information, research updates and the tools to prepare for 2024.
The new venue, The Meadows Events Center in Altoona, IA, provides attendees a comfortable, modern conference space, convenient access to both I-80 and I-35, on-site hotel, and numerous nearby attractions. This year’s conference features 35 workshops to choose from, including 7 from invited speakers and a special panel discussion related to the updates on EPA’s Endangered Species Act and pesticide efforts. You won’t want to miss that opportunity to get questions answered and be better prepared for changes coming to pesticide labels.
Invited speakers include:
- Doug Jones, US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), will share updates on the EPA’s Endangered Species Act and pesticide efforts.
- Dennis Bowman, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, will share information on how drones are transforming aerial agriculture applications.
- Daniel Kaiser, University of Minnesota, will provide a Minnesota view of iron deficiency chlorosis (IDC) in soybean.
- Alex Lindsey, Ohio State University, will share how early planting dates affect crop stands.
- Brian McCornack, Kansas State University, will share what we need to know about an insect pest on the move.
- Dan Quinn, Purdue University, will review the effects of wildfire smoke and heat stress on corn.
- Aaron Hager, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, will prepare us for better weed control in 2024.
Additional topics include weather and crop market outlooks, equipment and technology management, climate resilience, soil moisture status, conservation practices, farmland values, and weed and crop disease management updates. The conference is approved for up to 14 continuing education credits for Certified Crop Advisers. The program is also approved for Iowa commercial pesticide applicator continuing education in categories 1A, 1B, 1C and 4 for 2023.
Register prior to midnight on November 17 to receive a $50 discount on registration. The late registration deadline is before midnight on November 27. Check out the full program listing and register at www.aep.iastate.edu/icm! For registration questions, contact ANR Program Services at email@example.com or 515-294-6429.