Farmers and farm businesses are invitied to join us on July 7 at Southeast Research and Demonstration Farm near Crawfordsville for our Agronomy Workshop and Certified Crop Advisor Training in the morning and our Summer Field Day in the afternoon. These events are being hosted by the research farm, ISU Extenstion and Outreach and the Southeast Iowa Agricultural Research Associaiton.
Agronomy Workshop and Certified Crop Advisor Training, July 7 from 9 am to 12:15 pm: This training will feature a session on utilizing soil survey and digital soil data resources and a hands-on field session discussing corn rootworm strategies and evaluating corn roots for rootworm feeding.
The fee for the Agronomy Workshop CCA Training is $50, which includes lunch. Register by June 30 by going to https://go.iastate.edu/5WPISY or by calling the ISU Extension and Outreach Washington County office at 319-653-4811.
Certified Crop Advisers can earn 1.0 soil and water management credit and 2.0 pest management CCA credits.
Summer Field Day, July 7 from 1 pm to 3:30 pm: The summer field day will include five tour stops, which will include:
- “Farm and Crop Update” by Cody Schneider, Southeast Research Farm superintendent.
- “Lime Research Update: Ag Lime vs. Pell Lime,” by Antonio Mallarino, professor in agronomy and extension soil fertility specialist at Iowa State
- “Interseeding Cover Crops into Corn and Soybeans,” by Mark Licht, cropping systems specialist with Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
- “Soybean Disease Management Update,” by Daren Mueller, extension plant pathologist
- “Corn Rootworm Management Strategies,” by Erin Hodgson and Ashley Dean, extension entomologists
Registration for the field day begins at 12:30 p.m., and the tour starts at 1 p.m., with the farm and crop update. The afternoon tours are free and open to the public. No pre-registration is necessary.
Certified Crop Advisers can earn 0.5 soil and water management, 0.5 crop management, and 1.0 pest management CCA credits for the field day.
The Southeast Research and Demonstration Farm is located at 3115 Louisa-Washington Road, Crawfordsville, Iowa. To reach the farm, follow US Highway 218 one- and three-quarters of a mile south of Crawfordsville, then two miles east on County Road G-62, then three-quarters of a mile north. Signs will be posted near the farm.
For more information, contact ISU Extension and Outreach field agronomists Rebecca Vittetoe at 319-653-4811, or email@example.com; Virgil Schmitt at 563-263-5701, or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Clarabell Probasco at 641-664-2730, or email@example.com.