Farmers and crop advisors are invited to attend the Southeast Iowa Agricultural Research Association annual meeting, which will be held at the Johnson County Extension Office in Iowa City on Thursday, March 5, 2020 beginning at 10 a.m.
Registration and refreshments will begin at 9:30 a.m. and the meeting will start at 10 a.m. The day will feature the following topics and speakers:
- “A Review of the 2019 Activities and Pans for 2020 at the Southeast Research and Demonstration Farm” by Cody Schneider and Myron Rees, research farm co-managers;
- “ISU Research Farms Update and New Research and Learning Center at the Southeast Research and Demonstration Farm” by Mark Honeyman, Associate Dean for Operations for the ISU Research Farms;
- “Market Outlook” by Ray Jenkins, retired grain merchandizer and ISU Crop Marketing Extension Educator;
- “Grain Storage: Best Management Practices for the 2019 Crop” by Kristina TeBockhorst, ISU Extension Agricultural Engineer; and
- “Safety and Sustainability in Agriculture” by Brandi Janssen, Director of Iowa’s Center for Agricultural Safety and Health.
Lunch is included and sponsored by Hills Bank and Trust and Furlong Family Farms. There is no cost to attend, and the meeting will conclude at 2:30 p.m. Following the conclusion of the meeting, the Southeast Iowa Agricultural Research Association board of directors will meet.
Certified Crop Advisors can earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for attending this meeting.
For more information, contact Ryan Drollette (firstname.lastname@example.org) at (319) 337-2145, Josh Michel (email@example.com) at (319) 523-2371, Kristina TeBockhorst (firstname.lastname@example.org) at (319) 337-2145, Virgil Schmitt (email@example.com) at (563) 263-5701, or Rebecca Vittetoe (firstname.lastname@example.org) at (319) 653-4811.