By: Mahdi M Al-Kaisi
The Inaugural Soil Health Conference “Strategies for Building Healthy Soils” will be February 2-3, 2016 at the Scheman Building in Ames, Iowa. The goal of this conference is to increase awareness and understanding of soil health as a pivotal measure to sustainable agriculture and environmental quality in Iowa. The conference has been approved for a total of 17 soil and water Certified Crop Advisers (CCA) credits. Click here for a list of speakers presenting at the conference.
Who should attend:
- Agricultural consultants
- Extension professionals
- Soil scientists and students
- General public and policy makers
Topics will include:
- The basic concepts of soil health
- Management practices that build soil health
- The relationship between soil health, soil sustainability and productivity
- The role of conservation systems in building soil health
- Soil health and climate change
- Farmers perspectives on soil health
Visit the conference website to register. Early registration fee on or before January 16 is $150 per person. After January 16, the fee is $180. For questions about registration, contact Registration Services at 515 294-6222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo by: Jerry DeWitt